Re: Joblib 1.2.0 available on salsa

Hi Chiara,

On Sun, Sep 18, 2022 at 11:31:34AM -1000, Chiara Marmo wrote:
> I have updated joblib to 1.2.0 on salsa.
> If someone has sometime to review or upload... thanks for your help.

I uploaded 1.2.0-1 to unstable. But I selectively reverted a commit -- in particular
I removed the -doc package and avoided fixing #959991 for now.

This is because providing a new binary package means looping via the NEW queue again
which can take an indefinite/unspecified amount of time to get accepted. And -now-
is not the best time to do it as we draw close to freeze.
Since joblib is a key package and it is currently affected by a RC bug/CVE which I considered
to first address the issue at hand.

I could push the package to new again, with a new revision
but I fear another CVE being discovered meanwhile and we run into circles.

--
Best,
Nilesh