Re: Upload Requests

Hi,

I'm terribly late on answering you, sorry it went under my radar :-(

Le mercredi 20 juillet 2022 à 13:20 +0000, Ileana Dumitrescu a écrit :
> > It does build! I don't have high hopes at upstream trying to do
> > things right as long as it works for him...
>
> Should I write a debian bug for upstream to fix the Makefile issue? I
> do not see an upstream repository to write bugs other than emailing
> the upstream developer directly, so I am not sure what you have done
> in the past to communicate issues like that.

Writing directly to upstream is how he works. He doesn't use any source
management tools as far as I can tell...

> > I checked the Help -> Manuals -> ... links in xcas, and most are
> > just dead.
>
> > Since they already were, I uploaded anyway, but that is probably
> > something you should look into.
>
> I looked into this and it appears that all except the CAS reference
> and Graph theory links are pointing to files that no longer exist.
> There is the large CAS reference manual at cascmd_*/index.html that
> seems to include information on most of the dead link topics. Should
> all of these dead links point towards a specific location in the CAS
> reference manual? This is would I would propose, if not removing the
> menu options for the dead links. I can also write a debian bug for
> this so that it is documented.

Yes.

> > Yes, it would be nice to add yourself as uploader. I removed myself
> > because I was fed up with the package more than because it was
> > something to do.
>
> Okay, I added myself as an uploader in the most recent package
> version also addressing a riscv bug. If there are any other packages
> that you are fed up with or need any help with, you can let me know.
> I have time to dive into more :)

Well, if you really like packages with difficult upstream and a
demotivated me, scilab comes to mind...

I had a quick look and your changes are good ; now there's a new
upstream and a need for a patch for pari.cpp. Do you want to work on it
or shall I do it?

Sorry,

J.Puydt