Re: Upload Requests

Hi,

Since there was a new upstream release available for giac (1.9.0.19+dfsg2), I pulled that in and produced the same build error. But I found the issue. The upstream tarball comes with an already compiled Makefile that contains hard-coded paths from the upstream developer's computer (/home/parisse/). So we need to tell the upstream developers to stop giving us source tarballs with this Makefile, as it should be generated during the package build process.

In the meantime, I put in a check in debian/rules to override dh_auto_clean. During the clean process it will check for that Makefile and remove it if it exists. I built the package successfully with this fix, and we can keep it in until the upstream starts releasing source tarballs without that Makefile.

I pushed these changes to salsa, combining the changelog entries with the previous upstream version I had pushed that had not been uploaded. Please let me know if that looks okay and if you can sponsor the upload. Also I noticed you removed yourself from uploaders, should I be added as one?

Ileana