Re: joblib version 1.1.0

On Mon, May 23, 2022 at 11:52:39PM -1000, Chiara Marmo wrote:
> Since this is a major version change, you need to also rebuild
> >> reverse-dependencies (basically
> >> the packages that depend on joblib) with ratt[1] or r-t/meta[2] as
> >> otherwise
> >> it might end up breaking a number of packages.
> >>

> Using ratt, at least  python-pynndescent and imbalanced-learn are broken.

Which was sort of expected.

> I may be wrong, but it seems to me that the other failing packages are
> already broken (known bugs, or already missing dependencies, in particular
> numba,...).

Numba would be fixed sooner or later, as we already have new onetbb in exp.
Is scikit-learn working okay with joblib?

> I let you decide if it is suitable to upload to unstable or experimental.

For now I have uploaded to experimental, could check pseudo-excues[1] meanwhile

> On my side, I will not be able to contribute again in the next month or so.

No worries, thanks a lot for your work!

[1]: https://release.debian.org/britney/pseudo-excuses-experimental.html

--
Best,