Re: RFS: source-only upload of opm-{grid,simulators,upscaling}/2021.10-2

Hi Markus,

On Mon, 2022-02-21 at 15:55 +0100, Markus Blatt wrote:
> > > opm-upscaling build-depends on missing:
> > > - libsuperlu3-dev:amd64 (>= 3.0)
> >
> > Can you check+fix this?

[...]
> No need to list it again and I removed the offending entry:
>
> Build-Depends: ..., libsuperlu3-dev (>= 3.0) | libsuperlu-dev (>=
> 4.3), ...
>
> Maybe buildd is different and does not allow packages that do not
> exist?

To get reliable build results, the buildd network removes alternative
build dependencies when building for unstable; only the first
alternative is used.  They are only used for the *-backports and
experimental suites (I admit I'm not sure about stable uploads, but
they should *not* be used there).

As usual there is a small exception: if you have

  Build-Depends: a [i386] | b | c

then the `a [i386]` is discarded on non-i386 earlier, that is, one
would get "a" on i386 and "b" everywhere else.

See the `RESOLVE_ALTERNATIVES` option in man:sbuild.conf(5) for more
details.

Ansgar