Re: RFS: source-only upload of opm-{grid,simulators,upscaling}/2021.10-2

Hi Markus,

On Mon, Feb 21, 2022 at 03:55:51PM +0100, Markus Blatt wrote:
> > Looks like opm-upscaling and opm-simulators are not building on buildd machines
> > as seen here[1][2]
> > It chokes at missing B-D[3]
> >
> > | opm-upscaling build-depends on missing:
> > | - libsuperlu3-dev:amd64 (>= 3.0)
> >
> > Can you check+fix this?
> >

> Thanks for the hint. Somehow this was not a problem for salsaci and local pbuilder. There
> used to be a libsuperlu3-dev package in older Debian releases.

Actually, I was seeing the above mentioned problem in my sbuild environment as well,
seems that it was somehow confusing apt.
I had to explicitly add a `--build-dep-resolver=aptitude` to get those building.

I thought the problem is sitting in front of my screen, as salsa CI went fine -- which is
actually closer to the buildd machines.
But apparently that wasn't the case, somehow.

> Anyway the dependency on
> libsuperlu-dev and libsuitesparse-dev is already handled as a dependency of libdune-istl-dev.
> No need to list it again and I removed the offending entry:

Yeah, I noticed that as well, and wanted you to confirm on that once as well.

> Build-Depends: ..., libsuperlu3-dev (>= 3.0) | libsuperlu-dev (>= 4.3), ...
>
> Maybe buildd is different and does not allow packages that do not exist?

I guess this is more related to how apt resolves build-deps, admittedly I did not
investigate much at that end.

> [...]
> Updated source can be found at
> https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/opm-upscaling
> https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/opm-simulators
>
> UNRELEASED and untagged as requested, but version incremented.

Great, thanks for working on these, I uploaded both.

Regards,
Nilesh