Re: CoinMP was listed as smelling ;-)

Am 10. November 2021 12:06:16 MEZ schrieb Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu>:
>Hi Rene,
>
>I've found coinmp at the list of smelling packages[1] and found some
>spare cycles to reduce its smell. ;-)
>
>In VCS I've found
>
>   coinmp (1.8.3-2) unstable; urgency=medium
>
>     * upload to unstable
>

>but this upload never happened.

???

>  Thus I'm wondering whether you
>intentionally did not moved that version from experimental to unstable.

Huh? What? coinmp is 1.8.3-3(!) in unstable (even testing and stable) and 1.8.3-2 is even in old stable.

Probably i just forgot to commit to git..

>Unfortunately there is an issue with debhelper compat level 13 which
>I've choosen since its calling autoreconf automatically and coinmp does
>not autoreconfigure with the new version of autoconf anyway - the build
>stops with:
(...)

>So we can either revert the compat level bump from 13 back to 10 (I
>think)

Yes, i don't like bumping compat just for bumping compat. l

> May be latest upstream (1.8.4) has
>fixed this which I did not checked.

Doubt that.

>I'd like to leave those decisions rather to you as the originial uploader
>of this package before I might break anything.

I'd say there is nothing to see here except that I maybe should upload 1.8.4 (but that changed the soname backwards...)

Regards,

René

P.S.;

>[1] https://trends.debian.net/packages-with-smells-sorted-by-maintainer.txt

The only thing which smells here is the fact that such a list even exists.