Re: Quick Poll: Debian to better support hardware acceleration?

On 21.05.21 21:13, François Mazen wrote:
> CUDA libraries are de-facto outdated when new Debian release comes
> out due to new hardware release and vendor lock-in business model. As
> a consequence, the user will always download the last libraries
> version from the vendor web-site.
That's not entirely accurate, though. The Debian NVIDIA Team does a
spectacular job of maintaining up-to-date backports in the official
archive. I imagine that like myself, many other users will prefer the
backport to the vendor version, as the backport certainly integrates
more nicely.

Best,
Christian