RFS: macaulay2 1.16.99 (experimental)

The Macaulay2 developers just announced a new beta release (1.16.99). I've packaged it, targeting "experimental", in the "debian/experimental" branch at:

https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/macaulay2

The previous upload of version 1.16 earlier this year failed to build on every architecture except for amd64 (!). I believe we've fixed the main underlying issue (there was a segfault on architectures that default to unsigned char due to how the compiler was optimizing the string hashing function), but I'd like to see if it builds on all of the official architectures so we can iron any additional issues before the main 1.17 release in a few weeks. Ideally, we can get that into bullseye before the freeze.

Would anyone be able to review and sponsor?

Thanks!
Doug