Re: salsa admin needed (fix or delete ffcx repo as fenics subproject)

On 2020-01-28 18:34, Andreas Tille wrote:
currently you have Maintainer permissions in science-team.
Shouldn't this be sufficient to do the said operations?

Maintainer privilege gives me rights to rename or Change Path, but not to Remove or to Transfer. Gitlab docs talk about it at https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/settings/#transferring-an-existing-project-into-another-namespace

I admit this move and forking stuff you described is too
complex for me and I'm afraid I might do something wrong.

If preferable to forking, we could just Remove this ffcx and I can start afresh with an empty repo.

In general I personally do not see any advantage in subgroups
and would prefer a flat science-team group.

In this case the 5 or so components of FEniCS makes a whole suite, none of the components are particularly useful without the others (except that Firedrake does use UFL from fenics). So it seemed helpful to collect them all under the one subproject. Makes it easier to find the repos of the other components when you need them.

For those who
disagree with my opinion (which is fine) we should give them
Owner permissions of those subgroups to do everything they
want.

In general that does sound sensible to me. Though I'm not sure if it leaves the problem that I couldn't fork straight into the fenics subproject in the first place. In that case we'd still have the repo in the wrong path that I can't fix.