Re: Looking for example package that uses multiple source tarballs

Hi Qianqian,

Le 26/06/2020 à 04:20, Qianqian Fang a écrit :

> [...]
>
> thanks Pierre for the comments and sample project, very helpful!

You are welcome!

> [...]
>
> I am not sure if it is related, but i have to change my debian/changelog
> version to a lower version number (1.9.1) in order to let uscan download
> the new release (1.9.5). however, both .tar.xz files are empty (except
> the debian/ folder)
>
> |octave-iso2mesh_1.9.1-1.debian.tar.xz
> octave-iso2mesh_1.9.5+dfsg1-0ubuntu1.debian.tar.xz
> |

> but the *octave-iso2mesh_1.9.1.orig.tar.gz* file is correctly repacked
> and contains all needed files.
>
> I am wondering if anyone notice something wrong in repack or watch
> script? my repack file was slightly modified from
> https://wiki.debian.org/BenFinney/software/repack

As you guessed, the fact that you got the old version number 1.9.1 in
the name of the orig tarball is because "debian" is provided as the
third argument concerning the first tarball, as the above link explains:
it forces the use of the version number written in debian/changelog. You
may see, if you put the right number again in debian/changelog, that
running "uscan --force" will download the tarballs and give them the
right version number.

Yet, I guess this should not remain as is but I unfortunately do not
have the repacking skills to do more at that point.

> another minor thing is the "|-0ubuntu1|" suffix. I am testing the
> packaging in a Ubuntu 18.04 box, is there a way to remove that?
>
> my packaging files are committed at
> https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-octave-team/octave-iso2mesh/
> <https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-octave-team/octave-iso2mesh/-/blob/master/debian/watch>
>

> much appreciated!