Re: Looking for example package that uses multiple source tarballs

Hi Qianqian,

Le 25/06/2020 à 21:02, Qianqian Fang a écrit :
> hi everyone,
>
> I am working on packaging a matlab/octave toolbox that involves multiple
> source tarballs
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-octave-team/octave-iso2mesh
>
> [...]
>
> I notice that debian/watch file supports multiple source components, so
> I wrote the below watch file:
>

> |version=3||
> ||opts="dversionmangle=s/\+dfsg\.\d+$//,filenamemangle=s/\S+\/v?(\S+)\.tar\.gz/iso2mesh-$1\.tar\.gz/"
> \||
> ||    https://github.com/fangq/iso2mesh/tags .*/v?(\d\S+)\.tar\.gz \||
> ||    debian debian/repack||
> ||https://github.com/fangq/cork/releases
> .*/v(\d[\d\.]*)\.(?:tar.gz|tar.bz2|tar.xz)||
> ||https://github.com/fangq/meshfix/releases
> .*/v(\d[\d\.]*)\.(?:tar.gz|tar.bz2|tar.xz)|

I think you should provide some options ("opts=..."): for instance, a
component name should be provided for the two last parts. You can look
at the manpage of uscan, it provides some examples of watch files for
multiple upstream tarballs.
As you are doing some repack, I guess you will add some suffix to the
version number (like "+dfsg"), and to do so you should need to provide
the "oversionmangle=..." option for the first tarball. Examples are
shown in uscan's manpage.

> but when I ran*uscan --verbose*, it only downloaded/repacked the main
> source file, but refused to download the components
>
> [...]
>

> I am wondering if you know any sample package that uses repack/uscan to
> combine multiple source packages? The uscan manpage mentioned about MUT,
> but I could not find a working example.

I recently packaged libaparapi-java, which is not yet in Debian but
which you can get from its Salsa repository

https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/libaparapi-java

Running "uscan --verbose" will allow you to get three tarballs : a main
one and two components.

> thanks, let me know if you have any suggestions.
>
> Qianqian

Regards,
Pierre