Re: Pandas new version

On Tue, Feb 05, 2019 at 08:48:09AM +0100, Ole Streicher wrote:

> On a longer term, it would be good to clean this package up (removing
> f.e. the special Cython handling) -- Yaroslav, how much do you still
> these things? Since Panda is one of the universal packages, it would be
> good to have it as standard as possible to make team maintenance simple.

I agree that we should settle with a simple standard and even the last
say 5 Ubuntu versions will be able to cope with this.  So may be there
is just historic stuff in the packaging and nobody minded to clean it
up.  Yaroslav, if you do not contradict with this we need to assume that
I'm correct with my assumption and whoever might do the upgrade should
make packaging as simple and easily understandable as possible.