Re: Pandas new version

Hi Ole,

On Fri, Feb 01, 2019 at 08:54:26AM +0100, Ole Streicher wrote:
> the Debian "pandas" package, which is maintained by you, FTBFS since
> some time due to an incompatibility with numpy 1.16 (RC bug #918206).
>
> And there is a new Pandas version 0.24 out since a week, which however
> seems to have some API changes (see release notes).
>
> Since the soft freeze is approaching rapidly: what is your plan here?
> IMO it would be great to update Pandas to the latest version, and to fix
> the API problems during the freeze in order to not have an outdated
> Pandas version in buster.
>
> What do you think? Could you upload  the new release quickly? Or would
> you fix the numpy incompatibility manually? If so, it would be nice if
> that would happen soon, since during the freeze, once the dependent
> packages are removed from testing, they are out of buster.

As far as I understood Yaroslav he is fine with team uploads fixing the
issues that might occure.  I fully trust you to do the right thing here
and I agree that we should act as fast as possible.  So feel free to
upload the new release as quick as possible if you consider this the
most promising solution.