Re: Need review of my package

Hi,

> I: spview source: debian-watch-contains-dh_make-template (line 2)
> N:
> N: The watch file contains a standard template included by dh_make. Please
> N: remove them once you have implemented the watch file.
> N:
> N: Severity: wishlist, Certainty: certain
> N:
> N: Check: debian/watch, Type: source
> N:
>
> I don't understand why the watch file depends of dh_make in this case.

The string "<project>" needs to be updated to point to the actual name of the
project; it's there as a template for you to complete, not as a token that
uscan will automatically replace for you:

version=4
opts=filenamemangle=s/.*\/archive\/(\d\S+)\/<project>.*\.tar\.gz/<project>-
$1\.tar\.gz/g \
 https://gitlab.com/lock042/spview/tags?sort=updated_desc .*/archive/
(\d\S+)/.*\.tar\.gz.*

(This token often comes from a maintainer having started off with dh-make which
is why lintian is talking about that tool; however, you could also end up
copying strings like <project> from the wiki. It might be worth reporting a
bug against lintian to consider that this boilerplate could come from places
other than dh-make and that pointing to dh-make is potentially confusing.)

There are some replaceable tokens you can use in d/watch -- they are of the
form @PACKAGE@ (see uscan(1)).

The watch file also doesn't currently work btw, as you've not taught uscan how
to turn the Debianish version 2.0.0~beta1 into the gitlabish version 2.0.0-
beta1 (~ vs -). You could add a versionmangle to handle that, similar to what
is on the wiki for that purpose.

https://wiki.debian.org/debian/watch#Common_mistakes

uversionmangle=s/(\d)[_\.\-\+]?((RC|rc|pre|dev|beta|alpha)\d*)$/$1~$2/

You can test your watch file with

$ uscan --no-download --verbose

(adding --debug for additional info, including all the HTML that it tried to
parse)

Stuart

--
Stuart Prescott    http://www.nanonanonano.net/   stuart@nanonanonano.net