RE:h5py and hdf5-mpi

Hello,

Since this upload two of my packages have autopkgtest regressions (pyfai and silx)

It seems that the python2.7-dbg failed with

  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/silx/io/__init__.py", line 37, in <module>
    from .utils import open  # pylint:disable=redefined-builtin
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/silx/io/utils.py", line 44, in <module>
    import h5py
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/h5py/__init__.py", line 26, in <module>
    from . import _errors
ImportError: cannot import name _errors

Did you changed something in the debug package ?

I also looked at your autopkgtest, you deactivated the python3-dbg tests.
Since my package are testing also the -dbg implementation, it is an issue to not test the one from h5py.
We also do not hide problems to our users.

>From my experience, even if these packges are not used a lot, it can triggers real bugs.
So it improve the overall quality of the software.

Can you explain what is the issue with the python3-dbg.

I got hurted by a numpy bug myself, only visible from the -dbg python interpreter, like this one

Cheers

Frederic