Re: O: double-conversion -- routines to convert IEEE floats to and from strings

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 07:23:48PM +0200, Sébastien Villemot wrote:
> Hi Lumin,
>
> Le samedi 18 août 2018 à 15:16 +0000, Lumin a écrit :
> > double-conversion is a tensorflow dependency and surprisingly it was
> > orphaned. I will continue maintaining it within d-science team.
>
> Great!
>
> > However, in order to avoid embedding a copy of double-conversion source
> > code in tensorflow source package, may I upload a snapshot[1] version of
> > double-conversion specified by tensorflow? Then I only need to embed a
> > copy of eigen3.
>
> You should probably check with reverse dependencies that it's ok to
> package a snapshot. In particular, Qt5 depends on double-conversion, so
> you should handle this package with care.

libtensorflow.so FTBFS with double-conversion 3.0.0 so I need a snapshot
version of double-conversion. Updated package has been prepared in a
separate branch:

git@salsa.debian.org:science-team/double-conversion.git
 - lumin/3.0.0

 Dom-amd64:
 experimental: http://debomatic-amd64.debian.net/distribution#experimental/double-conversion/3.0.0+git20180802.4e8b3b5-1/buildlog
 cosmic: http://debomatic-amd64.debian.net/distribution#cosmic/double-conversion/3.0.0+git20180802.4e8b3b5-1u1/autopkgtest

 PPA:
 https://launchpad.net/~lumin0/+archive/ubuntu/ppa/+packages

I haven't checked API, but there is no ABI bump. Should I ask for a
transition slot and bump ABI anyway?