Veusz in Debian Science?

Hi -

I'm currently working on packaging Veusz under the Debian Python project (I'm also upstream). Veusz is a GUI 2D and 3D scientific plotting package and python plotting module. See https://veusz.github.io/ for more details.

Veusz hasn't been updated in Debian for a long time. I've made a number of changes to the packaging. It now uses Qt5 and has Python 2 and 3 modules. It seems a bit tricky to get a new version uploaded.

Maybe the project is better suited to Debian Science than Debian Python. Is there someone willing to take a look at it and work towards an upload?

I think the packaging is reasonable. There are now quite a lot of subpackages, mainly to have both Python 2 and 3 compatibility, to split out the arch all and arch any, and to not duplicate the shared data between the two. This could be reduced if we dropped Python 2 packaging, but maybe someone finds it useful.

It's currently hosted at
https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/applications/veusz/

(unfortunately I can't get the tests in the continuous integration working using Xvfb, but it builds fine for me in pbuilder).

Thanks

Jeremy Sanders