Re: G+Smo packaging

Dear Angelos,

On Fri, May 25, 2018 at 03:42:58PM +0200, Angelos Mantzaflaris wrote:
> thank you for your help!

You are welcome.

> The external download was for the unittest framework we use. Now I
> disabled the testing by adding "nocheck" to the build options (and
> committed), so it should compile fine.

Should work - despite some limited testing could not harm.  May be you
find a way to include some test data into your upstream tarball.

> I would like to ask you what is the exact procedure to publish a new
> upstream release. I saw you made a new branch, then somehow merged into
> master and also generated some pristine-tar data.

As I recommended, please read Debian Science policy - for this question
specifically

   https://science-team.pages.debian.net/policy/#package-repositories

You should also dive a bit into the Git-buildpackage docs recommended
there.

> ps. I mailed to wiki@debian.org and waiting to get access to the wiki..

Fine. :-)

Hope this helps