Re: Next python-mote pre-condition - issue with pybuild: python-backports.tempfile conflicting python-backports.weakref

Hi,

I kept on working packaging python-moto predependencies.  I'm now
stumbling upon python-backports.tempfile[1] and
python-backports.weakref[2].  My naive packaging attempt puts
the modules into

   /usr/lib/python*/dist-packages/backports

leaving the same package

   /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/backports/__init__.py

for both packages and thus the packages are conflicting.  I have no idea
why pybuild simply uses the dir backports instead of the full module
name nor do I have any idea how to fix this.  I tried to hack around in
the backports.weakref package using

override_dh_auto_install:
        for dir in `find .pybuild -type d -name backports | sort | uniq` ; do \
            mv $${dir} $${dir}.weakref ; \
        done
        dh_auto_install

but this rather has led to an empty package.

Any help is welcome

        Andreas.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/python-backports.tempfile.git
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/python-backports.weakref.git