Re: Debian science robotics subgroup

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 3:29 PM, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda <leo@alaxarxa.net> wrote:

The only thing that might be worth considering, is whether you
> think an own Debian Robotics Blend would fly (in terms of contributors
> and number of packages).  In this case a separate packaging team might
> make sense.

Well, Debian Science Team has 886 projects (source packages?). It's a big
umbrella for all scientific packages. Maybe some subcategories (subgroups or
whatever) would attract the people for a more specific project than a generic
one. The problem them would be the borders, where a package/project goes to one
place or other.

About the robotic group .... I really don't know. Jochen? Jose?

Thanks Leo for the proposal. I don't have an strong opinion on this topic since I don't have the experience of many years that most of you have organizing the debian-science group, so I'm happy to read others opinions and suggestion and follow whatever you collectively decide is good.