Re: Application task [GSoC]

> On Feb 17, 2017, at 2:14 PM, Nadiya Sitdykova <rovenskasa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I want to work on "Benchmarking scientific packages for general and architecture specific builtds" project (GSoC and Outreachy) and I'm looking for appropriate example cases to test.

Hi Nadiya,

I work with the LIGO project (http://www.ligo.org). About half of our clusters are Debian and half are Scientific Linux. We have a robust packaging effort and we run all of our production analyses from binary releases. However, we also use architecture-specific builds as well as builds with special compilers (e.g. icc) for some performance-critical analyses and currently we don't manage such specialized builds with software packaging of any kind.

Cheers,
Leo

----
Dr. Leo P. Singer