Re: Inclusion of additional Numerical Libraries (FGSL and lis)

On 02/04/2017 12:25 PM, Upadhaya Brijesh wrote:

Dear Developers of the Debian-Science,

I would like to ask a small favor to add useful numerical libraries like FGSL (A Fortran interface to the GNU Scientific Library) from Leibniz super computing center and Lis (Library of Iterative Solvers for Linear Systems) in the current testing version (Debian 9) named 'stretch'. The link of the above mentioned numerical libraries are:

1.) FGSL

https://www.lrz.de/services/software/mathematik/gsl/fortran/

2.) LIS

http://www.ssisc.org/lis/

I guess the full freeze of Debian 9 'stretch' is going to be on 5.2.2017, this is a very short notice for a request though. If possible would be nice.

I'm afraid the freeze for new packages for stretch was on January 5 [1], so there's no way for these packages to enter.  The official way to request a new package in Debian is to file an "RFP" (Request for Package) bug. See [2].

Doug

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianStretch
[2] https://wiki.debian.org/RFP