Re: RFS: updated packages libfolia, uctodata, ucto, frogdata, frog

Hi Mattia,

> > Libfolia again introduces ABI breakage so we did an so
> > bump and the libfolia5 package becomes libfolia6, besides ucto and frog there
> > is no other software depending on it.
>
> Even if nothing besides ucto and from depend on it I'd tend to say it's
> past time to do that anymore.  The transition freeze was more than 2
> months ago, ideally we already broke it once, and now we're also over
> the soft freeze.

Fair enough yes, I already suspected it might be too late.

> > If I'm not mistaken, yesterday was the soft freeze deadline? As I understand it
> > this means updates like these are still possible but no new packages are
> > accepted anymore?
>
> Yes, it means no new source packages can enter testing.  Technically we
> can do it, assuming that ftp masters process it quickly enough,
> something I'd not count on since they tend to slow down/stop to process
> NEW now that the freeze is starting, and then we need to upload
> everything to unstable before the 25th of January and hope everything
> goes well and no RC bugs appear.
>
> Here the main problem is that it has to go through NEW; and the
> probabilities the RT ack it are pretty thin, imho.

Ok, I understand.

> Here is my proposal: we try to upload libfolia to experimental, and see
> if that gets processed, let's say we wait until the 14 of January, if it
> is accepted we move it unstable, and then all the others; otherwise we
> upload all the others without the libfolia update and keep if for buster
> (I reckon nothing actually needs the newer version of libfolia?!).
>
> How does it sound?

That sound good indeed, we can do that. The older libfolia should indeed suffice still
for frog and ucto.

> PS: I believe the packages are good considering that I reviewed them
> already twice, but you forgot to bump the copyright year in d/copyright
> (and I wonder whether you should claim copyright of the debian/ part of
> the ones where you hadn't already).

Good point, I'll have to update everything to 2017

> Happy new year! :)

Buon anno nuovo anche per te!  Thanks again for the help!

--

Maarten van Gompel
    Centre for Language Studies

proycon@anaproy.nl
http://proycon.anaproy.nl
http://github.com/proycon

GnuPG key:  0x1A31555C
XMPP: proycon@anaproy.nl  Matrix: @proycon:anaproy.nl
Telegram:   proycon       IRC: proycon (freenode)
Twitter:    https://twitter.com/proycon
Bitcoin:    1BRptZsKQtqRGSZ5qKbX2azbfiygHxJPsd