Re: RFS: updated packages libfolia, uctodata, ucto, frogdata, frog

On Fri, Jan 06, 2017 at 05:13:39PM +0100, Maarten van Gompel wrote:
> Hi,

Hey :)

> Some issues popped up with uctodata and frogdata but we released extra upstream
> versions to fix those.

That's cool.

> Libfolia again introduces ABI breakage so we did an so
> bump and the libfolia5 package becomes libfolia6, besides ucto and frog there
> is no other software depending on it.

Even if nothing besides ucto and from depend on it I'd tend to say it's
past time to do that anymore.  The transition freeze was more than 2
months ago, ideally we already broke it once, and now we're also over
the soft freeze.

> If I'm not mistaken, yesterday was the soft freeze deadline? As I understand it
> this means updates like these are still possible but no new packages are
> accepted anymore?

Yes, it means no new source packages can enter testing.  Technically we
can do it, assuming that ftp masters process it quickly enough,
something I'd not count on since they tend to slow down/stop to process
NEW now that the freeze is starting, and then we need to upload
everything to unstable before the 25th of January and hope everything
goes well and no RC bugs appear.

Here the main problem is that it has to go through NEW; and the
probabilities the RT ack it are pretty thin, imho.

Here is my proposal: we try to upload libfolia to experimental, and see
if that gets processed, let's say we wait until the 14 of January, if it
is accepted we move it unstable, and then all the others; otherwise we
upload all the others without the libfolia update and keep if for buster
(I reckon nothing actually needs the newer version of libfolia?!).

How does it sound?

PS: I believe the packages are good considering that I reviewed them
already twice, but you forgot to bump the copyright year in d/copyright
(and I wonder whether you should claim copyright of the debian/ part of
the ones where you hadn't already).

Happy new year! :)

--
regards,