Re: petsc interface to other packages

On 08/11/17 17:06, Drew Parsons wrote:
On Wed, 2017-11-08 at 15:36 +0100, Matteo Semplice wrote:
------------
Your petsc source tree is broken. Use "git status" to check, or
remove
the entire directory and start all over again

The error isn't reported the way I sometimes see petsc build errors but
the complaint about source tree gives me an idea.  petsc checks its own
git if it sees it's in one, and it might be complaing about the applied
debian patches.

Trying removing .git or moving it out of the way, say to _git.

Then try
   dpkg-buildpackage -i_git

(or try the manual build steps again).

I would have never guessed this!
Moving .git to _git made it work (even with dpkg-buildpackage)
Thanks a lot!
It's compiling the 3.8 from experimental right now. Tomorrow I'll also build with the modified debian rules and then report back.
    Matteo