Re: petsc interface to other packages

On Wed, 2017-11-08 at 15:36 +0100, Matteo Semplice wrote:

You're running stretch, but that ought not to be a problem as far as
the behaviour of dpkg-buildpackage goes. Still a mystery why it's not
applying debian patches then.

> Sorry to be a pain, but the only good news I see is that
> dpkg-buildpackage and the "manual" way error out in the same way...
> Here
> is the terminal output:

> ------------
> Your petsc source tree is broken. Use "git status" to check, or
> remove
> the entire directory and start all over again

The error isn't reported the way I sometimes see petsc build errors but
the complaint about source tree gives me an idea.  petsc checks its own
git if it sees it's in one, and it might be complaing about the applied
debian patches.

Trying removing .git or moving it out of the way, say to _git.

Then try
  dpkg-buildpackage -i_git

(or try the manual build steps again).

Drew