Re: sponsor for trilinos 12.12.1 bump

Hi Nico

I had an expected opportunity to look at this today.

On 05/10/2017 12:34, Nico Schlömer wrote:
W: libtrilinos-kokkos-kernels12: package-name-doesnt-match-sonames
libtrilinos-kokkoskernels12

I've filed an upstream bug [3] to see what their preferred nomenclature
would be. Once we have a reply, I'll patch the sources accordingly.

Any progress with this?
It seems renaming the new binary package from libtrilinos-kokkos-kernels12 to libtrilinos-kokkoskernels12 would make Lintian happy.
You'd probably want to rename the -dev package to match.

W: libtrilinos-tpetra12: shared-lib-without-dependency-information
usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtrilinos_tpetraclassic.so.12.12.1
W: libtrilinos-tpetra12: shared-lib-without-dependency-information
usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtrilinos_tpetraclassiclinalg.so.12.12.1

Not sure why they would appear. The file `debian/lintian-override.in`
contains the necessary overrides.

There's an error in debian/lintian-override.in, change 'libtrilinos_tpetraclassic%V:' and 'libtrilinos_tpetraclassiclinalg%V:' to 'libtrilinos-tpetra%V:'

You can drop the override_dh_strip target from debian rules now, ddeb migration is complete.

Last time I tried to build Trilinos in Debian unstable (October 12), it failed with an internal compiler error. Today it built successfully. If you can get these last changes done, I will sponsor your upload.

Regards
Graham