Re: [Help] Exclusion did not worked

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:
> just a warning for those who have asked for fixing all tests on all
> architectures:  If I get no answer to the problems their prefered
> solution to the current situation is creating for me who seems the only
> one who is concerned about getting lots of packages kicked from testing
> I'll fall back to my initial suggestion to ignore test failures on the
> remaining architectures that are failing and set bug severity to
> important.  Sorry folks, but I do not know a better solution since
> kicking some of the affected packages create *real* work to get them
> back and require manual work by the release team.

sorry for not helping here; I am busy with a number of things...

I still think that this is a useful solution: the packages still (seem
to) work on those platforms, even if not all tests succeed -- at least
in the context of the reverse dependencies (as long as they work
themself with the buggy package). This makes (by definition) the
severity of the bug "important" (if they are still buildable).

Keeping those packages also helps to find portability bugs in the
reverse dependencies.

So, I don't see a need for "sorry" here.

Cheers

Ole