Re: ITP: vspline -- generic C++ code for uniform b-splines, remap functions

Dear Kay,

On Sat, Oct 21, 2017 at 11:59:04AM +0200, Kay F. Jahnke wrote:
> Am 10.09.2017 um 14:13 schrieb Sébastien Villemot:
>
> > I uploaded your package. Note that it has to go through the so-called NEW
> > queue, which means it is waiting manual processing by ftpmasters. This process
> > typically takes a couple of weeks, though it can be shorter or longer depending
> > on the workload of ftpmasters. So please be patient. Future uploads won’t have
> > to go through this, unless you introduce a new binary package.
> >
> > I also pushed my (minimal) changes to the git repository (finalizing the
> > changelog, updating the debian/0.2.0-1 tag).

> I just released vspline 0.3.0, which introduces some minor API changes, bug
> fixes and a few new features. Do I have to do anything on the debian side,
> or will the change automatically result in an update to the package? I do
> have a watch file in the debian/ folder scanning for the tag in my upstream
> repo. The package itself is still in the NEW queue.

Unfortunately packages are not automatically updated, that would be too easy! :)

So indeed you have to manually package it.

The very minimum is to import the new upstream version in git (normally with
"gbp import-orig --pristine-tar --uscan") and then to create a new changelog
entry. But you may also need to modify other things in the packaging, either
because of upstream changes, or because of changes in Debian standards and best
practices (e.g. upgrading to a newer version of the Debian Policy).

Note that it is still possible to upload a new version of the package even
though the previous one has not cleared the NEW queue. Note however that this
won’t accelerate the process of clearing NEW (and if anything, it may slow it,
though I am not sure of that).

Best,

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot