Re: Bug #866601: RFS: segyio package is ready

Dear Jørgen,

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 12:18:25PM +0000, Jørgen Kvalsvik wrote:
> It was in the debian branch, but I'll use import-dsc instead (which was pretty neat).
>
> I've pushed the pristine-tar repo, so hopefully we're all good now.

Thanks, the repository looks good now.

I have a couple of changes that I would like you to make (by committing directly
in the git, no need to restart from scratch). Sorry for not having caught them
on my first initial review:

- the pycmake/ sub-directory is under the GPL, not the LGPL; please document
  this in in debian/copyright

- please also add back a stanza for the debian/ subdirectory, with your own
  copyright statement (and under the LGPL following our previous discussion)

- please add a symbols file for the libsegyio1 library, in order to track the
  ABI in a fine-grained way. For more details, see:

   https://wiki.debian.org/UsingSymbolsFiles

  If you have not yet already done, you should also read carefully section 8 of
  the Debian Policy, which details the various specific issues related to the
  maintenance of a shared library:

   https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/index.html#document-ch-sharedlibs

  Note that if you do not want to bother with all the complexities related to a
  shared library (in particular the ABI tracking), an alternative is to make it
  a private library of the seygio-bin package (BTW, shouldn’t this package
  simply be called segyio?). But of course, if you do that, it will not be
  possible for other packages to depend on libsegyio.

- please fix the two lintian warnings:

W: segyio source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.9.8 (current is 4.1.0)
W: libsegyio1: wrong-section-according-to-package-name libsegyio1 => libs

And as a final remark, please don’t top-post :)

Thanks for your work,

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer