Re: Skip VTK7 and go directly VTK8? Was: Re: vtk6 and vtk7

The number of responses in the corresponding upstream bug [1] is remarkable, but it'll be hard to get a concrete statement; in the end, nobody really knows or wants to take responsibility.
Berk Geveci of Kitware says that this particular code will be removed by the end of the year, so perhaps it's best for us to remove it now already. Do actually build any of it?

Cheers,
Nico

[1] https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/issues/17115