Re: Debhelper for R packages

> On 07/10/16 15:33, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
>>
>> On 7 October 2016 at 15:09, Andreas Tille wrote:
>> | I'm fine with these changes.  If you want to let this propagate to all
>> | R+BioConductor packages probably a lintian warning makes sense.  May be
>>
>> Really?  We don't have an officially sanctioned policy that _mandates_ this.
>>
>> We are about giving people options.
>
> In the CRAN case at least, it is what the CRAN page suggests as the
> canonical URL if you use a different variant, so it's probably good
> practice - but the correct homepage link is a fairly trivial issue to
> get too prescriptive about.

There is the same thing on the Bioconductor page: "Canonical url for
use in publications, etc., will always redirect to current release
version (or devel if package is not in release yet)."

I have already pushed a small change in lintian to tag the uncanonical
homepage of CRAN [1]. Lintian displays only an info tag and not a
warning tag, so you can ignore it. The patch for tag the uncanonical
homepage of Bioconductor is on the BTS.

[1] https://lintian.debian.org/tags/homepage-for-cran-package-not-canonical.html