Re: Debhelper for R packages

On 27/09/16 23:32, Dylan wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for this tool.

Hopefully it'll be in the repository soon and can be used for packages -
it's been in NEW for the last two weeks so hopefully the FTP masters
will have a chance to review it soon.

> Just a very small suggestion. We probably can switch to the canonical
> form of the homepage link for the CRAN packages. At the bottom of the
> homepage of each CRAN package, it is recommended to use the canonical
> form to link the page. For example, for the ape package: "Please use
> the canonical form https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=ape to link to
> this page."
>
> And we can also switch from http to https for Bioconductor link.
>
> I will join the team on Alioth to be able to push myself these changes
> if everybody is ok with these.

Fine with me. You can also do a pull request against the github repo
(chronitis/dh-r), but if you're interested in these packages joining
d-science would in any case make sense.