Re: Debhelper v7 - Package-dependent rules file

Am Donnerstag, 15. September 2016, 10:21:39 CEST schrieb Mattia Rizzolo:
> On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 11:16:13AM +0200, Wolfgang Fütterer wrote:
> > In the rules file using cdbs there are the following environment variables
> > defined:
> >
> > DEB_DH_MAKESHLIBS_ARGS_scilab-full-bin = -n
> > DEB_DH_MAKESHLIBS_ARGS_scilab-minimal-bin = -n
> >
> > Both environment variables, DEB_DH_MAKESHLIBS_ARGS_scilab-full-bin and
> > DEB_DH_MAKESHLIBS_ARGS_scilab-minimal-bin, add extra arguments passed to
> > dh_makeshlibs. But only for the packages scilab-full-bin and
> > scilab-minimal- bin.
> >
> > I now use the following in my rules file building scilab:
> >
> > override_dh_makeshlibs:
> > 	dh_makeshlibs -n
> >
> > But if I pass -n in this way, it will be used for the building of all
> > packages, right?
> > How can I pass such an argument only for a specific package? Is there
> > something like 'override_dh_makeshlibs_package
> >
> >  or can I use DEB_DH_MAKESHLIBS_ARGS_package for debhelper7 as well?
>
> please read debhelper(7).
> You want to do:
>
> override_dh_makeshlibs:
> 	dh_makeshlibs -pscilab-full-bin -n
> 	dh_makeshlibs -pscilab-minimal-bin -n
> 	dh_makeshlibs --remaining-packages
>
> You can also put the first to dh_makeshlibs calls in a single command
> (-p can be repeated).

Argh, shame on me. I have seen that option in debhelper(7), but I wasn't able
to transform the theory from the manual to a practical example (and I ignored
the examples in the man). Thank you very much for the help.

> > And is this also possible for different architectures? For example using
> > -n
> > only for arch=amd64.
>
> You'd need to leverage makefile abilities for that:
>
> DEB_HOST_ARCH ?= $(shell dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_ARCH)
> override_dh_makeshlibs:
> ifeq ($(DEB_HOST_ARCH),amd64)
> 	dh_makeshlibs -pfoo -n
> 	dh_makeshlibs --remaining-packages
> else
> 	dh_makeshlibs
> endif

Ok, that is the way like I'm doing it now. I just thought there would be a
better way. But I'm fine with that.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers
Wolfgang