Debhelper v7 - Package-dependent rules file

Hi list,

I run into several problems converting the old cdbs rules for scilab to
debhelper v7. Especially when several arguments depend on a specific package.

For example the following:

In the rules file using cdbs there are the following environment variables
defined:

DEB_DH_MAKESHLIBS_ARGS_scilab-full-bin = -n
DEB_DH_MAKESHLIBS_ARGS_scilab-minimal-bin = -n

Both environment variables, DEB_DH_MAKESHLIBS_ARGS_scilab-full-bin and
DEB_DH_MAKESHLIBS_ARGS_scilab-minimal-bin, add extra arguments passed to
dh_makeshlibs. But only for the packages scilab-full-bin and scilab-minimal-
bin.

I now use the following in my rules file building scilab:

override_dh_makeshlibs:
	dh_makeshlibs -n

But if I pass -n in this way, it will be used for the building of all
packages, right?
How can I pass such an argument only for a specific package? Is there
something like 'override_dh_makeshlibs_package
 or can I use DEB_DH_MAKESHLIBS_ARGS_package for debhelper7 as well?

And is this also possible for different architectures? For example using -n
only for arch=amd64.

Cheers
Wolfgang

--