Re: Debhelper v7 - Package-dependent rules file

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 11:16:13AM +0200, Wolfgang Fütterer wrote:
> In the rules file using cdbs there are the following environment variables
> defined:
>
> DEB_DH_MAKESHLIBS_ARGS_scilab-full-bin = -n
> DEB_DH_MAKESHLIBS_ARGS_scilab-minimal-bin = -n
>
> Both environment variables, DEB_DH_MAKESHLIBS_ARGS_scilab-full-bin and
> DEB_DH_MAKESHLIBS_ARGS_scilab-minimal-bin, add extra arguments passed to
> dh_makeshlibs. But only for the packages scilab-full-bin and scilab-minimal-
> bin.
>
> I now use the following in my rules file building scilab:
>
> override_dh_makeshlibs:
> 	dh_makeshlibs -n
>
> But if I pass -n in this way, it will be used for the building of all
> packages, right?
> How can I pass such an argument only for a specific package? Is there
> something like 'override_dh_makeshlibs_package
>  or can I use DEB_DH_MAKESHLIBS_ARGS_package for debhelper7 as well?

please read debhelper(7).
You want to do:

override_dh_makeshlibs:
	dh_makeshlibs -pscilab-full-bin -n
	dh_makeshlibs -pscilab-minimal-bin -n
	dh_makeshlibs --remaining-packages

You can also put the first to dh_makeshlibs calls in a single command
(-p can be repeated).

> And is this also possible for different architectures? For example using -n
> only for arch=amd64.

You'd need to leverage makefile abilities for that:

DEB_HOST_ARCH ?= $(shell dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_ARCH)
override_dh_makeshlibs:
ifeq ($(DEB_HOST_ARCH),amd64)
	dh_makeshlibs -pfoo -n
	dh_makeshlibs --remaining-packages