Re: Taking over scilab and moving to git

Hello Wolfgang,

Any news about this package?

Thanks

Le 15/08/2016 à 17:55, Sylvestre Ledru a écrit :
Le 15/08/2016 à 14:38, Wolfgang Fütterer a écrit :
On Montag, 15. August 2016 09:25:46 CEST Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
Le 15/08/2016 à 08:46, Wolfgang Fütterer a écrit :
I pushed the result of my effort to my personal public git repository at
alioth[1] for reviewing. Please feel free to leave comments, complaints
and
suggestions on how to improve it.
I don't see any changes besides a git migration?! This wasn't super
critical to me but why not..
It was the first step for me. I took a while till I realized that the main
development of the package was in the tags branch and not in trunk.
yes, sorry about that, I should have removed trunk (however, the vcs-*
tag should be fine)
Don't hesitate to remove all the svn stuff.

But I must admit I have to figure out what to do next.

One of my current work is to move away from cdbs to dh aka debhelper7. Again,
because I am more used to work with debhelper than with cdbs.
this is a great idea, should not be too complex
Other priorities will be #749833
Not a big deal to me, they have been in the archive for a very long time...
However, it would be nice to fix them if upstream can find a solution
 and the packaging of scilab v6.
Should not be too hard. Less fortran in the core. I did a branch for
that but probably not in sync.
I guess you are planning to move the package under the debian-science
git repo, right?
Yes I will move the package to the debian-science git repo as soon as
possible.
ok, please do that rather sooner than later

To be honest, I am a bit concern that your time is going to be as
limited as mine as it took a year to do that (sorry for being blunt)
I understand that you're worried. When I decided to take ovr scilab I was a
little bit naive about the complexity of the package. But since I currently
have no job, I can spend more time on packaging. But I can't predict when this
will change again.
It is still better than no maintainer. I am still available to help or
explain (I was one of the biggest contributors).
thanks for doing it