Re: Sponsor upload request for new package scram

Hello James,
Thanks for the prompt feedback. I reuploaded a revised version.

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 11:24 AM, James Clarke <jrtc27@jrtc27.com> wrote:
Hi Olzhas,
> On 17 Nov 2016, at 18:48, Olzhas Rakhimov <ol.rakhimov@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello everybody,
> I uploaded a new version with the repository on alioth.
> I would like to hear your feedback.

A few suggestions:

1. I personally don’t see the point of including the history of the
   ubuntu versions in d/changelog.

2. Until you’re ready to upload, leave the distribution as UNRELEASED.
   `dch` (and `dch -r` to release) should do this automatically, but
   you’ll need to change it manually since the entry already exists
   (I think).

3. Bump d/compat up to 10; debhelper 10 is available in backports.

​It looks like Ubuntu 16.04 still has 9.2, so I am getting warnings from lintian.

4. Change Vcs-Git to be https too (and in fact I believe it’s currently
   wrong; if you’re using the git:// protocol, the /git/ should not be
   included in the URL).

5. If you change to compat 10, you can drop the --parallel, since it’s
   now the default.

6. Does Release include debugging information? I thought there was
   RelWithDebInfo or something similar for that? Please make sure
   debugging information is included; dh_strip will strip it from the
   package and create an automatic scram-dbgsym for it (which should
   not be mentioned in d/control), so there are debugging symbols for
   those who want it, but no increase in size for those who don’t.

​The global flags are running with RelWithDebInfo : -O2 -g.
Release just adds -O3 at the end.
7. d/watch doesn’t look like the suggestion for GitHub in uscan(1);
   perhaps this works, but I’m not a uscan expert.

Regards,
James