Re: Sponsor upload request for new package scram

On 15/11/16 06:37, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Olzhas,

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 11:07:24AM -0800, Olzhas Rakhimov wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for the help and feedback.
I have only a guest account on alioth,
and AFAIK I would need Debian developer to let me create a project.

The *project* Debian Science exists.  Any member of the Debian Science
team can create git repositories there.  If you are not a member of
this group yet please ask for it.

Please also do a web search for "Debian Science policy" to get hints how
to do this (sorry, I'm behind a slow connection, thus only this short
hint).

I second Andreas' advice here. Please do read the general Debian policy [1] and the science team specifics [2].

[1] https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/
[2] https://debian-science.alioth.debian.org/debian-science-policy.html

I will be mirroring the GitHub repo on alioth for packaging.

Do you intend to use the upstream repository for packaging ?

I use CMake for building. It takes only two lines with cdbs: debhelper.mk
and cmake.mk.
There's no other code. I am not sure how to do it without cdbs, so any
reference would be helpful.

There are lots of examples.  Dh is similarly easy.  Others here might help.

Plenty of examples here:

https://codesearch.debian.net/search?q=--buildsystem%3Dcmake&perpkg=1

All you need to do is invoke `dh $@ --buildsystem=cmake` and use overrides target for the specifics of your build system that deviates from the standard. You might just try without overrides at first and iterate from here.

Hope this helps.

Ghis