Re: Dropping astronomy and astronomy-dev from debian-science

Hi Ole,

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 04:18:05PM +0100, Ole Streicher wrote:
> I just got the message that the "debian-astro" metapackage is
> accepted.

Congratulations and thanks for your fine work on this.

> The content of the package were taken from the astronomy and
> astronomy-dev tasks of debian-science. While debian-astro keeps updated
> in the future, the two debian-science tasks are already a bit outdated
> today. I will concentrate on the debian-astro task maintenance and not
> put any efforts in the debian-science/astronomy* tasks in future.
>
> Therefore, I would propose to remove those two tasks.

While you are free to commit to
   ssh://git.debian.org/git/blends/projects/science.git
you might like consider to simply add the according metapackages
to the Debian Science tasks.  I think from an advertising point of
view it would be not the best idea to drop Astronomy from Science.

A (very long - close to 10 years) planned feature of the Blends web
sentinel is to "resolve" such dependencies on the web pages.  The good
news is that with the rewrite of the web sentinel to use UDD exclusively
this feature is way more easy to implement.

I just leave it to your decision to remove the tasks or follow my
suggestion.