re: Looking for sponsor for ROS packages (robotic framework)

> we (me and Leopold Palomo) have done a lot of work to bring ROS (Robot
> Operating System; free robot middleware used in many universities and
> companies world wide, see [1]) to Debian. ROS contains a ton of software
> and there exists Ubuntu packages provided by upstream installing
> everything into /opt. We started creating new policy compliant packages
> here [2].

>  * We are looking for DDs to sponsor the initial uploads. *

Your timing is excellent. I (and Riku) are currently charged with
getting ROS working in Debian as part of our Linaro work.

So some collaboration sound like a top plan to me :-)

Our focus is on getting everything available on arm64 as well as
amd64, but mostly that's the same work of uploading missing packages.

Riku just fixed up openni2 to build on arm64, and I'm getting
collada-dom into good enough shape to upload.

There seem to be a pile of other toolkit/buildsystem type packages
(like python-kitchen) which are available in an ubuntu PPA (and thus
packaged), but not in debian, so need to be reviewed/uploaded too,
although I've not got my head round that part yet.

sbcl is also an issue as it's not yet ported to arm64. it would be
nice to know what's needed for an sbcl-less build on one using a
different lisp (we have 9 available!).

I see you are just talking about the core framework packages here, not
the other pieces I've been looking at so far, but all that is needed
too, so thisis all good.  I'll take a look at your repo and see how it
goes.

What is your preferred communication channel? this list or is there an
IRC channel?

Wookey
http://wookware.org/