Looking for sponsor for ROS packages (robotic framework)

Hi,

we (me and Leopold Palomo) have done a lot of work to bring ROS (Robot
Operating System; free robot middleware used in many universities and
companies world wide, see [1]) to Debian. ROS contains a ton of software
and there exists Ubuntu packages provided by upstream installing
everything into /opt. We started creating new policy compliant packages
here [2].

  * We are looking for DDs to sponsor the initial uploads. *

If you want to help with the packages, try them or find a bug while
reviewing them, please contact us. You can find the current state and
more information in the wiki [3].

ROS is a big project and it will take quite an effort to get it into
Debian, but it's separated into many small packages, which makes it
doable. We have talked to upstream already and they support us as well.

Cheers

Jochen and Leo

[1] http://www.ros.org
[2] https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-science/packages/ros