Re: netcdf parallel

On 05-11-15 09:27, Nico Schlömer wrote:
> Indeed, it would be in addition. HDF5, which is very similar to NetCDF,
> provides
> ```
> libhdf5-serial-dev
> libhdf5-openmpi-dev
> libhdf5-mpich2-dev
> ```
> and `libhdf5-mpi-dev` pointing to `libhdf5-openmpi-dev` I believe. I
> wouldn't know how to arrange that, though. (HDF5's debian/rules is way
> above my head.)

libhdf5-mpi-dev depends on libhdf5-mpich2-dev on architectures where
openmpi is not a suitable option. It uses mpi-default-dev to select the
MPI solution for the platform in question.

To support the hdf5 model for netcdf, we also need to extensively patch
the build system to build the MPI variants with a different SONAME,
netcdf.settings & pkg-config files, nc-config executable, etc.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1