Re: netcdf parallel

Indeed, it would be in addition. HDF5, which is very similar to NetCDF, provides
```
libhdf5-serial-dev
libhdf5-openmpi-dev
libhdf5-mpich2-dev
```
and `libhdf5-mpi-dev` pointing to `libhdf5-openmpi-dev` I believe. I wouldn't know how to arrange that, though. (HDF5's debian/rules is way above my head.)

Cheers,
Nico

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 8:48 AM Sebastiaan Couwenberg <sebastic@xs4all.nl> wrote:
On 05-11-15 06:42, Anton Gladky wrote:
> you want to provide both serial and parallel builds
> or just to move from serial to parallel?

The parallel library must be provided in addition to the serial one, not
instead.

See the previous discussion on the debian-gis list:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-gis/2015/08/msg00000.html
https://lists.debian.org/debian-gis/2015/07/msg00119.html

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1
Fingerprint: 8182 DE41 7056 408D 6146  50D1 6750 F10A E88D 4AF1