Re: netcdf parallel

@Ghislain: What do you mean by "substituted by one another"? Obviously parallel and serial versions of HDF5 have different feature sets and cannot be swapped in and out. Some packages depend on -serial, some on -parallel. I imagine the same thing with netcdf. (I'm sure I misunderstood you, though.)

--Nico

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 9:27 AM Ghislain Vaillant <ghisvail@gmail.com> wrote:
On 05/11/15 07:48, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 05-11-15 06:42, Anton Gladky wrote:
>> you want to provide both serial and parallel builds
>> or just to move from serial to parallel?
>
> The parallel library must be provided in addition to the serial one, not
> instead.
>
> See the previous discussion on the debian-gis list:
>
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-gis/2015/08/msg00000.html
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-gis/2015/07/msg00119.html
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Bas

So it's not like HDF5 whereby the serial and parallel backends can be
substituted for one another, right?

Ghis