Re: r-cran-vcdextra package

Hi Andreas,

I have done the following:

 * submitted an ITP (794842)
 * added r-cran-vcdextra to the /sponsoring of blends/ page.

> Further remarks to the package:  The repository is lacking upstream
> and pristine-tar branch.

following the debian med git tips[1], i am instructed to:

    gbp import-orig --pristine-tar /path/to/package_version.orig.tar.gz

however, i get a gbp: command not found

how do i get access to this command?

>>> Moreover if you want to submit a new package in any case you need to
>>> create an ITP bug report.  You can do so by
>>>
>>>     reportbug --no-query-bts wnpp
>>>
>>> Please do so and do not forget to CC the Debian Science mailing list.

i did forget to CC the debian mailing list :(

> One more thiing before you ITP:  The short description should form
> a sentence by
>
>   The package <packagename> is a <shortdescription>.
>
> So your capital 'A' in the beginning should be removed (you would
> get this feedback for you ITP if it would be in there ;-))

yeah, i forgot this too. :(

with thanks

jonathon

[1] https://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html#git-tips