Re: r-cran-vcdextra package

hi andreas,

> For Debian Science please refer to the Wiki page where I maintain
> Sponsering of Blends[1].  Please add an entry at the end of this table
> once the package shows up on one of the Debian Science pages (I'd like
> to enforce this to make sure that maintainers care for a good user
> overview).  I actually added r-cran-vcdextra to the statistics task so
> you simply need to wait until the cron jobs have fetched your packaging
> to get the metainformation.

so if i understand correctly, i'm waiting for them to appear here:

http://blends.debian.org/science/tasks/statistics

which will presumably take 24 hours.

>  However, when doing so I wonder whather the
> packages r-cran-vcd and r-cran-vcdextra should not better be placed in
> viewing or viewing-dev.  Please comment on this according to your
> opinion.

i think they provide more than just "viewing" type functionality, so i
think they probably belong in /statistics/.

> Moreover if you want to submit a new package in any case you need to
> create an ITP bug report.  You can do so by
>
>     reportbug --no-query-bts wnpp
>
> Please do so and do not forget to CC the Debian Science mailing list.

[assuming this is a command that i execute at the terminal on alioth
(which may not be a correct assumption)] this doesn't seem to work. i
get a "command not found".

> Regarding the packaging itself:
>
>   1. d/watch is missing (see any other R package for a working
>      example
>   2. d/control: Line breaks in long description
>      The easiest way to deal with this is to use
>         cme fix dpkg-control
>   3. d/copyright: License: GPL-2+ should be a separate paragraph

fixes are committed.

thanks for your help, and thanks for your patience.

jonathon

--

JASP - A Fresh Way to Do Statistics
http://jasp-stats.org/