Re: Packaging ASL (2)

El Dilluns, 3 d'agost de 2015, a les 09:35:44, Ghislain Vaillant va escriure:
> On 02/08/15 20:12, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
> > I was not working on the packaging, but I followed the thread and as I
> > have
> > some experience and it's very similar to other packages that I'm
> > maintaining I thought that with an small effort I could put it on shape.
>
> You took over where Zeev was I guess (which was not very far). I had
> pretty much the same feeling as to how "easy" the initial debianization
> would be.
>
> > Zeev Pekar was a bit lost and I think that working under debian-science
> > has
> > some advantages, so I put some time on it to make the package on shape.
>
> Yes I saw his call on d-science and took the same initiative as you.
> Seems that we both started roughly at the same time and went our own
> ways until now.
>
> >> You seem more advanced on it than I am anyway, so I should probably focus
> >> on something else. Good luck for the rest.
> >
> > You can continue. I just I have written some files and solved some errors,
> > that's all.
>
> Does it mean I should merge your work with mine and keep up with my
> branch moving forward or do you intend to keep working on this? I just
> want to be sure we are not duplicating efforts here.

Feel free to merge your branch with my work and put it on master. I think that
we can continue on the same branch.

> I am also happy to drop this and let you finish what we started if you
> feel you have better momentum.

> Please let me know and thanks for your work on this.

Ghis,

if your work is this:

https://github.com/ghisvail/ASL/tree/debian/sid

Please:

- merge your work with my work it's basically the same. You worked more than
me and I like your work.
- push your changes to Alioth and merge both.
- if you want, add me as Uploader. I don't have any interest to maintain this
package but I want to help. If help means be uploader, put you and me as
uploaders.
- I put in dependencies libmatio. I thin it could be interesting.

And, if I had seen your repo, I didn't have work on that!!!! Anyway, the
important thing is to have libasl in debian.

Leopold

Linux User 152692     GPG: 05F4A7A949A2D9AA
Catalonia