Re: Packaging ASL (2)

On 02/08/15 20:12, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
I was not working on the packaging, but I followed the thread and as I have
some experience and it's very similar to other packages that I'm maintaining I
thought that with an small effort I could put it on shape.

You took over where Zeev was I guess (which was not very far). I had pretty much the same feeling as to how "easy" the initial debianization would be.

Zeev Pekar was a bit lost and I think that working under debian-science has
some advantages, so I put some time on it to make the package on shape.

Yes I saw his call on d-science and took the same initiative as you. Seems that we both started roughly at the same time and went our own ways until now.

You seem more advanced on it than I am anyway, so I should probably focus
on something else. Good luck for the rest.

You can continue. I just I have written some files and solved some errors,
that's all.

Does it mean I should merge your work with mine and keep up with my branch moving forward or do you intend to keep working on this? I just want to be sure we are not duplicating efforts here.

I am also happy to drop this and let you finish what we started if you feel you have better momentum.

Please let me know and thanks for your work on this.

Ghis